Log in


What's behind our name "Philanthropy Delaware"?

Our Organizations' History:

In 2006, a small group of donor leaders from the Delaware’s corporate, private foundation, and federative business and nonprofit communities began meeting to discuss the challenges of the gap between need and resources.  A State of the Sector Report combined with a nonprofit collaboration survey analysis for Delaware found that collaboration and resource sharing could lead to improved mission outcomes. In 2008, it was determined collaborations among philanthropies could also be beneficial to the sector. This group, known as the Delaware Philanthropy Forum, commissioned a study of philanthropy in Delaware, which found that the state lacked philanthropic infrastructure. A year later, the Delaware Grantmakers Association (DGA) was formed and, with dedicated part-time leadership, convened its members and other nonprofit support organizations several times per year for learning experiences and collaborative work sessions. In 2015, DGA’s Board of Directors put forth a proposal to increase DGA’s impact, and in 2016 implemented a bold plan to deepen and broaden its mission by growing its capacity, increasing its programming, and building its brand. In 2017, with the hiring of a CEO and member engagement staff, DGA relaunched as Philanthropy Delaware. 

 

Copyright Philanthropy Delaware, Inc. 2017
Philanthropy Delaware, Inc. is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization

Contact Us:
Office: (302) 588-1342
info@philanthropydelaware.org

Address:
100 W. 10th Street, Suite 500
Wilmington, DE 19801

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software