(July 19, 2021 by Delaware Community Foundation) The Delaware COVID-19 Strategic Response Fund’s Community Needs Grants program at the Delaware Community Foundation has awarded $310,000 to 31 nonprofit organizations providing services to communities throughout the state.
These general operating grants, each in the amount of $10,000, will allow organizations to use funds as needed to continue to operate in the midst of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
Last year the Community Needs Council committed to increase equity by targeting more funds to smaller nonprofits (operating budgets $250K and under) that are led by and serving people of color, who are disproportionately affected by the pandemic. In this grant round, $70,000 in grants (nearly 25% of the grant dollars overall) were targeted to organizations that fit these criteria.
- Choir School of Delaware
- Claymont Renaissance Development Corporation
- Delaware Association for the Education of Young Children
- Delaware Foundation for Science and Mathematics Education
- EDGE for Tomorrow
- Embrace Delaware
- Future Promises Foundation
- Harrington Senior Center
- Hope Medical Dental Clinic
- House of Hope
- I Am Leadership & Technical Academy
- Imperial Dynasty Arts Program
- Inner City Cultural League
- Junior League of Wilmington
- Kent County Theater Guild
- Mispillion Art League
- Moms House Inc. of Dover
- Multiplying Good
- National Coalition of 100 Black Women
- Nehemiah Gateway CDC/Tennis Rocks Tutoring and Music Association
- Paralyzed Veterans of America Colonial Chapter
- Preston’s March for Energy
- Project New Start, Inc.
- Southern Delaware Therapeutic and Recreational Horseback Riding
- Spur Impact Association
- Strive: How You Lead Matters
- Supporting Kidds
- Waggies by Maggie & Friends
- Wilmington Senior Center
- Women and Children Transformation Ministry
Launched on March 18, 2020, the fund has awarded nearly $4 million to more than 150 Delaware nonprofits thus far. The next round of Community Needs Grants will be announced soon.
The Community Needs Grants Program is a partnership with Philanthropy Delaware. For more information, visit delcf.org/community-needs-grants/. To see the impact of the fund over the past year, visit delcf.org/strategic-response-fund-impact/.