From the Delaware Business Times.
The average pay rate for all three Delaware counties is $19.50, according to the Bureau.
The hiring started in Fall 2018. The Bureau first recruited positions for “Address Canvassing,” the first major field operation of the 2020 Census. The majority of the jobs will be hired over the summer. Several thousand positions will be available throughout the country.
To be eligible for a 2020 Census job, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Have a valid Social Security number.
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Have a valid email address.
- Complete an application and answer assessment questions. (Some assessment questions are available in Spanish. However, an English proficiency test may also be required.)
- Be registered with the Selective Service System or have a qualifying exemption, if you are a male born after Dec. 31, 1959.
- Pass a Census-performed criminal background check and a review of criminal records, including fingerprinting.
- Commit to completing training.
- Be available to work flexible hours, which can include days, evenings, and/or weekends.
More information and application forms are available here: https://2020census.gov/jobs/job-details.html