(March 16, 2021 by Philanthropy Delaware) Over the course of the past year, the public and private charitable sector swiftly responded to direct emergency funding to nonprofits and communities. Delaware’s philanthropic and governmental entities invest in critical areas of our society, including education, health, and human services. Now, more than ever, it is evident partnerships between sectors is essential to advance philanthropy.
To this end, Philanthropy Delaware joins over 300 philanthropic leaders in virtual convenings for the 2021 Foundations on the Hill. The 2021 Foundations on the Hill is in partnership with the United Philanthropy Forum, the Council on Foundations and Independent Sector. Over the following two-weeks, there will be opportunities for our network to:
- Inform and educate Congress and State Legislators about the importance of the philanthropic sector;
- Create visibility for foundations and philanthropy;
- Advocate on issues important to our members, foundations, and the broader sector;
- Encourage Congress to view our network as resources on key public policy issues; and
- Build relationships with lawmakers and their staffs.
Philanthropy Delaware shares in the vision of a courageous philanthropic sector that catalyzes a just and equitable society where all can participate and prosper. Stay tuned for Philanthropy Delaware’s highlights of the “Recap: 2021 Foundations on the Hill.”