Interested applicants should submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com by February 13.
The Delaware Breast Cancer Coalition, Inc. (DBCC) is Delaware’s most trusted resource for breast cancer information, support and education. DBCC is a diverse organization serving those who are experiencing a breast cancer diagnosis; educating the community about breast cancer and reducing one’s risk of diagnosis; and navigating underserved women to mammography screening.
The Executive Director is responsible for implementation of the overall mission and strategy for DBCC, its fundraising efforts, oversight of Great Stuff Retail Shops, and bottom-line responsibility for the agency’s performance.
REPORTS TO: The Delaware Breast Cancer Coalition, Inc. (DBCC) Board of Trustees
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: The Executive Director is responsible for carrying out the mission and vision of the agency. This position will oversee the comprehensive development program for the DBCC including annual/major gifts, corporate giving, grants, special events, partnerships and planned giving, gift processing and acknowledgement, and donor stewardship programs.
EXPECTED EDUCATION AND SKILLS: Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college/university required; Master’s in Non-Profit Management or related degree preferred
- Education/experience in non-profit fund raising required
- Ten or more years’ experience in non-profit organzations, including five or more years of senior management experience; prior Executive Director experience preferred
- Transparent and high integrity leadership
- Clear commitment to supporting those who have been affectted by breast cancer; understanding/knowledge of breast cancer advocacy helpful
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, and program development
- Proven track record of development and maintaining significant donor relationships, as well as securing major donations, required
- Comprehensive and current knowledge of fund raising techniques
- Demonstrated ability to promote a motivated, collaborative, and positive work environment
- A high level of professional maturity, judgement, and decisiveness to motivate fellow staff and volunteers and to inspire confidence among donors, prospects, and their professional advisors
- Budget oversight including implementation, analysis, and reporting, to the Board of Trustees
- Excellent strategic, managerial, public speaking, motivational, marketing, analytical, organizational, interpersonal, and written and verbal communication skills
Leadership and Management
- Ensure the mission and vision of the Delaware Breast Cancer Coalition is clearly and successfully fulfilled. Develop, along with the board and staff, a three-year strategic plan and ensure the implementation of the strategic goals
- Responsible for Great Stuff Retail Shops
- Provide leadership in developing programs and services that meet the goals of the strategic plan, including; development, implementation, and evaluation
- Maintain an understanding of breast cancer trends, advances, and resources
- Ensure effective systems are in place to evaluate staffing, programming, organizational, and financial plans, and to keep records of the activities of the agency
- Provide leadership in carrying out plans and policies authorized by the board
- Identify and engage board members, volunteers, funders, and community partners
- Develop and engage a strong Board of Trustees by identifying local leadership who will support the strategic direction of the agency and identify resources
- Maintain a working environment which attracts, keeps, and motivates a diverse staff of qualified individuals
- With board approval, negotiate, approve, and sign all agency contracts, legal documents, and grants.
Financial Management and Development
- Create and implement fundraising strategy for entire agency
- Develop and implement an annual budget, fundraising goals, and identification of financial resources
- Identify government and foundation grants to support programs and services
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors and secure financial support from individuals, foundations, and corporations to meet the projected annual budget goals; Establish and implement major and planned giving programs
- Expand and diversify the donor base and prospect pipeline
- Provide guidance and direction to the grants program and grant writer
- Work with the special event coordinator on the organization and implementation of special fund raising events
- Actively engage the board in fund raising programs such as partnerships, special events, individual, and corporate giving
- Develop and implement a stewardship program including donor recognition, cultivation and engagement
- Monitor and report regularly to the board on the progress of the development program
- Ensure the implementation of the action items associated with fund raising in the organization's strategic plan
- Public Relations and Communication
- Represent DBCC within the community, the National Breast Cancer Coalition, and funding sources
- Serve as a breast cancer advocate to agencies, organizations, and the general public
- Keep the board informed on a regular basis of the agency’s financial, personnel, and program matters
- Ensure the activities, programs, and services of the agency are well communicated to constituents, media, and the general public
WORKING HOURS: Working hours include business hours Monday through Friday from 9a-5p, although work hours will be scheduled for evenings and weekends depending on the needs of the program and agency events.
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience.
The Delaware Breast Cancer Coalition, Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, or Veteran status.