YWCA Delaware is on a Mission to eliminate racism, empower women, stand up for social justice, help families and strengthen communities. Annually, nearly 6,700 people participate in our comprehensive programs. YWCA Delaware is a leading advocate for women by providing housing, violence prevention and sexual assault crisis services, financial empowerment, racial justice and youth programming. We empower women politically, financially and socially, while fostering the confidence and can-do attitude needed to eliminate barriers and overcome life's obstacles. We are a statewide organization headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware.
We are recruiting for a Development Officer who is responsible for the overall management and integrity of the Development database and managing/coordinating aspects of appeals, events, activities and marketing communications. Within the first year the Development Officer will play support expanding the use of the newly launched Salesforce database including building reports that support the annual cycle of fundraising activities. Other duties include developing reports that inform our cultivation process, manage introductory events for new donors, assist with attracting and retaining volunteers, and helping to plan and execute our major fundraising event. The Development Officer reports to the Chief Development Officer.
Critical skills for the Development Officer to possess include:
- Development or marketing experience, preferably in a non-profit environment.
- Strong organization skills, including time management, precise attention to details and proven ability to manage projects independently from conception to completion - particularly small and large event planning.
- Excellent people skills; must be comfortable initiating conversation and following through as needed.
- 2-3 years database management and experience in data retrieval using reports/queries, preferably in Salesforce.
- Volunteer management experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of fundraising trends, best practices and development support activities.
- Proven ability to maintain and improve up-to-the-minute data quality and accuracy, including paper donor records and third-party donor giving records.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Qualified candidates should send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.
To learn more about YWCA Delaware and view the full description, please visit our website at www.ywcade.org/employment.
YWCA Delaware is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusivity and encourage qualified candidates from all cultures and communities to apply.
No phone calls please