United Way of Delaware (UWDE) seeks a highly-motivated, enthusiastic, mission-focused, and results-oriented individual who wants to join the movement to advance the common good in Delaware as Executive Vice President, Finance and Operations. This person will be a vital member of the Executive Team ensuring compliance with legal, regulatory, programmatic, and contractual requirements through a broad system of internal controls while optimizing processing and functioning of the key aspects of Finance and Operations on behalf of the organization. This role models and supports effective, on-going cross-departmental partnerships that address the intersections of fundraising, board governance, strategic initiatives, community impact, marketing and communications, positioning UWDE to operate as a single, integrated business model. Overall responsibilities include:
- Ensuring orderly functioning of financial, administrative, and budgeting systems.
- Managing a small team of financial professionals that provide back of house support
- Coordinating and managing the organization’s $15 million plus financial portfolio of resources
- Working closing with the SVPs (Resource Development, Marketing, Engagement, Community Impact) to execute on the single, integrated business model of the organization
- Overseeing human resources, information technology, and facilities for the organization.
- Working with the Board of Directors and related/assigned committees on behalf of UWDE
- Serving as a member of the Executive Team
- Working closely with donors and funders on the financial portfolio of the organization
- Serving as a strategic business partner with financial acumen, fiduciary, and risk management expertise
The Executive Vice President, Finance and Operations must be a strategic thinker, a highly collaborative leader who understands the local community and the unique challenges and opportunities available and believes in the power of philanthropy, engagement and messaging to drive collective impact and build a stronger, more united Delaware. The successful candidate will have experience in financial operations, strategic planning, investments, data analytics, donor services, nonprofits, grants, public and private contract management, facilities management, human resource laws/systems and management of information technology operations. S/He must possess the ability to interact successfully with a diverse population of people including donors, nonprofit leaders, investment professionals, funders, contractors and regulators. Candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree (MBA and/or CPA preferred) with a minimum of 10 years general management and supervisory experience with demonstrated performance in fiscal management and organizational operations (specifically customer support and information technology). The Executive Vice President, Finance and Operations supports by offering general management counsel, and by working closely with the Board, investors/donors, agency, corporate, public and other community stakeholders including the community at large to advance the common good for all.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
United Way of Delaware is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information or to apply, click here.