Healthy Foods for Healthy Kids
About Healthy Foods for Healthy Kids:
Healthy Foods for Healthy Kids (HFHK), founded in 2008, specializes in designing and implementing school vegetable gardening programs that are integrated into the Delaware science curriculum. Our Education Cultivation program allows every student from kindergarten thru fifth grade in a school of approximately 600 students to engage in hands-on gardening activities. Growing cool weather and fast-growing crops, students are able to experience "seed to table" growing each spring and fall. Over the course of approximately two growing seasons, teachers are trained in our garden curriculum and are able to continue the program with support from HFHK in future growing seasons. Currently, our Education Cultivation program is implemented in 33 schools and serves 12,000 Delaware public school students per year. Our long-term goal is to provide garden-based education to every interested Delaware school by fostering strategic partnerships. For more information visit www.healthyfoodsforhealthykids.org
Our Ideal Candidate:
Demand for our school garden program exceeds our capacity. As we mature from our startup phase, HFHK seeks a full-time development professional to join the management team and become an integral member of the organizational transition. The candidate must have demonstrated skill in planning and implementing a comprehensive philanthropic giving program with a focus on establishing meaningful, effective, and lasting partnerships with individual and institutional donors. HFHK supports a collaborative culture in which the candidate will work as a team with staff and board members to engage them in appropriate fundraising activities. The candidate must have passion for HFHK's mission, take initiative, and be excited by the challenge of leading HFHK to achieve ambitious fundraising goals as we grow and expand our successful program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Draft the philanthropic fundraising plan in consultation with the CEO
- Implement a comprehensive philanthropic plan including annual giving, major/capital and planned giving
- Develop a plan to identify prospective donors and actively seek new arenas to cultivate prospective donors
- Develop and implement individualized donor plans to cultivate and steward donors
- Plan donor recognition activities
- Expand the annual giving program with a focus on developing a major gifts program
- Identify and expand opportunities for corporate and business sponsorships
- Research grant funding opportunities and write grant proposals
- Lead the special events committee in planning and executing fundraising events
- Collaborate with and guide the PR committee as needed to effectively support the overall fundraising plan
- Represent HFHK and interpret the mission and programs with passion, knowledge, and professionalism wherever opportunities arise
- Work effectively with board members, volunteers and staff, to integrate philanthropic fundraising into the work and culture of HFHK
- Participate in HFHK board meetings and provide trainings to board members as needed
- Use DonorPerfect to track relevant donor information, contacts, and gifts
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Working knowledge of and demonstrated success in implementing philanthropic fund raising activities including, but not limited to:
o Leadership Individual Giving
o Major Gift Solicitation
o Moves Management
o Corporate/Business Sponsorships
o Special Events
o Grant Research and Writing
- Demonstrated competence using industry standard fundraising software is desired.
- Minimum of five years fundraising experience is desired.
- CFRE (Certified Fundraising Executive) certification is desired.
This is a full-time position and salary is commensurate with experience. Employee will work from home, but must have daily access to reliable transportation to be used for, but not limited to, calling upon prospects and donors. Expense reimbursement will be made according to the Board approved reimbursement rate.
Send cover letter, salary expectations, and resume to Lindsay Lancaster, email@example.com by December 15, 2018.