For nearly 35 years the National Cristina Foundation (NCF) has worked to promote technology reuse by educating businesses and the public that technology resources coming out of their first place of use can be given a second productive life for developing human potential within nonprofits and schools. NCF was the first nonprofit organization to address the issues of what is now known as the Digital Divide.
NCF is a small nonprofit doing big things. We have a network of over 1,200 nonprofit members nationwide (and growing). These groups are doing amazing things in their local communities and NCF brings them together with the goal of helping them accomplish even more. This might be getting more computer donations, or promoting themselves better on social media, or just communicating and sharing amazing ideas with like-minded groups.
Through the Cristina Network, members communicate with one another and manage a free online technology donation system. This system allows our partners to support their own reuse agendas to benefit people with disabilities, students at risk and persons who are economically disadvantaged. NCF and its grassroots partners are bound by the collective belief that technology reuse helps Link Life to Its Promise.
NCF is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Roles and Responsibilities (Percentages of time estimated):
Board of Directors (15%)
- The Executive Director serves as an ex-officio member of the Board of Directors and serves as the President of the Board
- Keeps the Board fully informed on the organization’s status and on the important factors influencing it including personnel, collaborative relationships, and outcome from projects
- Works with the Board officers and committee chairs to get the participation of each Board member and to assure that the Board is effective as a body
- Works with the Finance Committee to assure that financing will be available to support short and long term goals
- Works with the Governance Committee to monitor and implement NCF’s policies and procedures
- Work with the board to cultivate new board members in identified areas of expertise
- Serves as chief spokesperson for the Foundation and assures proper representation of the organization to the community
- Seek opportunities to increase the organization’s branding and promote its positions, programs and activities
- As a member of the Executive Team, oversees and assesses strategic planning
- Represents the organization at external events to build essential relationships and enhance the Foundation's national profile
- Acts as an advocate within the public and private sectors for issues relevant to the organization, its services and constituencies
Operations Management (30%)
- As a member of the Executive Team, oversees the efficient and effective day-to-day operation of the organization
- Ensure that the operation of the organization meets the expectations of its many partners
- Supports the activities of NCF’s Cristina Network Consultants in their interactions with donors and partners
- Oversees the planning, implementation, maintenance and evaluation of the organization's programs and services
- Oversees the planning, implementation, execution and evaluation of special projects like facilitating large or specialty donations or services
- Orients new partners to the Cristina Network
- Assures that all inquiries from individuals and organizations seeking to learn more about the Foundation are addressed in a timely manner
- Oversees effective marketing and communications activities of the Foundation
- Oversees Cristina Network Community development
Human Resources Planning and Management (5%)
- Effectively manages the human resources of the organization, in coordination with TriNet Inc.
- Assures staff has sufficient resources and knowledge to conduct their individual responsibilities
- Help the staff to remain current on social/technology/legal issues involved in the foundation’s mission
- Determine, as a member of the Executive Team, staffing requirements for organizational management and program delivery
- Oversee the implementation of human resources policies and procedures
- Monitor the performance of staff on an ongoing basis and conduct an annual performance review
- Coach and mentor staff as appropriate to improve performance
- Counsel and/or discipline staff when necessary using appropriate HR procedures
- As a member of the Executive Team, in coordination with the BOD, develops a succession policy
Legal Compliance (10%)
- Assures the filing of all legal and regulatory documents and monitors compliance with relevant laws and regulations
- Maintains, with the Foundation’s Board Secretary, official records and documents
- Negotiates professional contracts and agreements
- Maintains relationships with appointed NCF attorneys and acts as point of contact for matters involving NCF
- Oversees the fiscal activities of the organization including budgeting, reporting and audits
- Responsible for overseeing fundraising, in coordination with the Marketing and Development Officer, and developing other resources necessary to support the Foundation’s mission
- Develops and recommends a yearly budget in coordination with the Finance Committee for Board approval and prudently manages organization’s resources within those budget guidelines according to current laws and regulations
- Manages payroll, benefits and related functions and tasks as provided by NCF’s third party service provider TriNet, Inc.
- A Master’s Degree in nonprofit management is preferred but not required. Comparable education and experience working with technology focused nonprofits will be considered.
- Demonstrate a strong passion for NCF’s mission to promote technology reuse and educate nonprofits of all sizes to the value and impact of integrating technology into their missions
- Must have extensive previous nonprofit management experience
- Experience serving as an Executive Director and/or head of programs in a similar technology focused organization
- Demonstrated fundraising and development experience preferred
- Awareness of the Digital Divide and the challenges faced by nonprofits in need of technology
- Leadership strengths in management and collaboration
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal skills required
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, collaborative, and visionary approach to organizational management preferred
- A demonstrated ability to lead and empower people and get results individually and collaboratively through coaching and professional development
- Ability to understand and represent the needs of partner organizations and the advantages of collaborative communities for problem solving
- Passionate about NCFs vision and impact and willing to serve as a brand ambassador for the organization
- Above average computer skills with familiarity with G-Suite tools like Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc.
To be determined based on experience and qualifications.
This is a remote position that will be operated from the employee's home.
Send resume' and cover letter to email@example.com. Be sure to note where you saw the job announcement.
National Cristina Foundation