Cliveden of the National Trust: Chief Executive Officer
Cliveden of the National Trust, a historic site of national reputation for its leadership in preservation and interpretive programming, is seeking a chief executive officer to guide its development and growth into the next generation. Cliveden is the site of the Revolutionary War Battle of Germantown and the longtime home of the Chew family, dating back to Benjamin Chew (1722-1810), Chief Justice of Pennsylvania and a prominent slaveholder, and continuing until the family donated the property to the National Trust for Historic Preservation in 1972. Cliveden attracts visitors and interest from across the nation, but in its programming makes a special effort to engage the diverse peoples in the Philadelphia region. Cliveden is a co-stewardship site of the National Trust for Historic Preservation that is operated by Cliveden, Inc. in collaboration with the National Trust as the owner of the buildings, grounds, and collections at the property.
A comprehensive position description will be made available to qualified applicants but the Board of Directors seeks a Chief Executive with demonstrated capability in:
- Strategic Planning
- Financial Management
- Communications and Stakeholder Collaboration
Of these skill sets, the Board intends to prioritize Development and Strategic Planning. Applicants are requested to focus emphasis on their relevant experience in these areas.
For more information about Cliveden of the National Trust, please visit the following sites:
- Cliveden of the National Trust: www.cliveden.org
- Pew Q&A with David Young: https://www.pcah.us/post/inside-cliveden-national-trust-qa-executive-director-david-young
- National Trust Preservation Leadership Forum blog post on Liberty to Go to See: http://forum.savingplaces.org/blogs/special-contributor/2014/09/05/living-history-offers-a-sense-of-beingness-at-cliveden
- National Trust Preservation Leadership Forum blog post on the Revision of Cliveden’s NHL: http://forum.savingplaces.org/blogs/special-contributor/2012/10/05/a-second-look-at-a-landmarks-history
Cliveden, Inc. is an EEO Employer.
Applications consisting of cover letter, resume and references must be directed to Cliveden Search Committee at email@example.com. PHONE CALLS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.