The Director of Engagement focuses on providing value and quality to the PHILANTHROPY DELAWARE member experience to foster retention, growth and community impact.
The Director leads the development and presentation of all educational programs and networking events. The Director is the primary liaison to PHILANTHROPY DELAWARE’s membership for responding to requests for information and assistance.
The Director plans and coordinates outreach to members to foster and monitor engagement and satisfaction and leads the annual membership renewal drive. The Director organizes and tracks prospect recruitment and orients and integrates new members into PHILANTHROPY DELAWARE.
The Director manages the Get on the Map and Share Delaware initiatives. The Director works with Philanthropy Delaware staff, member volunteers and/or professional consultants on communications and marketing efforts to develop content, maintain strategic focus and ensure quality and consistency in design and message. The Director provides administrative, logistical and communications support for member- and office-related activities.
SELECTION CRITERIA DESIRED:
• Bachelor’s degree is required. Minimum 8 years of progressively responsible experience in the communications field and nonprofit administration.
• Experience working with senior leadership and various groups of Members, funders, Board and Committee members, staff, and others across a broad spectrum. Excellent interpersonal skills.
• An entrepreneurial spirit with a high degree of creativity, flexibility, and initiative.
• A mission-oriented communications professional, with commitment to the growth of the PHILANTHROPY DELAWARE while maintaining a steady focus on quantitative goals.
• Strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to command the respect of those in the philanthropic and nonprofit community. Knowledge of the local, state, and national philanthropic landscape.
• Ability to engage and contribute to high-level conversations about the organization’s strategy and growth, while maintaining a clear understanding of the tactics and details that support it.
• Impeccable writing and editing skills, with the ability to develop clear and meaningful written materials, both independently and in collaboration with other staff members. Understands various communication vehicles and strategies to convey information.
• Personable demeanor, with the natural ability to cultivate honest and open long-term relationships with stakeholders.
Email resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to