Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Are you someone who wants to make a positive change in your community? Are you a team player who thrives on making things happen? Are you positive, energetic, enthusiastic, flexible, have a strong work ethic, and a high attention to detail? Then this is the job for you!
The Community Foundation of Anne Arundel County’s (CFAAC) mission is to inspire and promote giving in Anne Arundel County by connecting people who care with causes that matter. We envision a vibrant and generous community that comes together to enhance the quality of life for all. Our role is to promote philanthropy, help to identify critical needs in Anne Arundel County, partner with donors to help them meet their philanthropic and financial goals, and promote collaboration to help strengthen local nonprofits.
We are in search of a Marketing and Communications Coordinator for our 501(c)(3) nonprofit community foundation based in Annapolis, MD. This full-time job plays a very important function in our small, mighty, and fast-paced organization with a reputation for high-quality donor service and community partnership. We are a fast-growing community foundation with a strong desire to increase our community impact to improve the quality of life for all residents of Anne Arundel County.
Our Ideal Candidate
We are seeking a professional who is energized by being a critical member of a dynamic team helping to increase philanthropy in Anne Arundel County. We require a team member who is positive, energetic, and enthusiastic, has a strong work ethic, and a high attention to detail. Like the members of our current team, we are looking for someone who is willing to roll up your sleeves and do the work that needs to be done to help move the organization forward. The successful candidate must have the following:
· Deep commitment to philanthropy and the social good
· Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent work experience)
· Work experience in jobs that demonstrate experience, initiative, self-motivation, and follow-through
· Strong administrative skills, including high attention to detail
· Focus on organization and time management
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
· Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
· Ability and willingness to manage multiple tasks and priorities
· Congenial personality, sense of humor, self-aware, low-drama, flexible, resourceful, emotionally intelligent, confident, and results-oriented
· Self-motivation, curiosity, and a desire to learn
· Ability to quickly embrace and incorporate direct feedback
· Maintain a keen sensitivity to confidentiality
· Ability to analyze and revise operating practices to improve effectiveness and efficiency
The Community Foundation of Anne Arundel County (CFAAC), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, was founded in 1998 to organize, manage and grow local philanthropy. The mission of CFAAC is to inspire and promote giving in Anne Arundel County by connecting people who care to causes that matter. CFAAC is governed by a Board of Trustees who represent leaders from every sector of the community. With support from local philanthropists, CFAAC granted $2.3 million per year through its community grants program, scholarships and donor-advised funds.
The Full-Time Marketing and Communications Coordinator is responsible for the creation and execution of all marketing, communications, public relations and events strategies. Reporting to the President and CEO, the Marketing and Communications Coordinator is primarily responsible for:
· Strategic and tactical planning, development, evaluation, and coordination of marketing, branding, social media presence, events and communications
· Development and implementation of a strategic and comprehensive communication plans and messaging for both internal and external audiences
· Preparation of marketing collateral and source contributions from across the organization
· Writing, editing, and publishing copy for the monthly electronic newsletter, blog posts, brochures, profiles, and other external materials to promote and inform various audiences about CFAAC
· Collaboration with all staff to create, edit, review and publish fresh and relevant content to the CFAAC website
· Manage social media presence -- maintains CFAAC Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook page, including curating relevant news and stories from our programs and internal events
Work collaboratively with President/CEO and Director of Development to nurture strategic relationships with influencers, journalists and partners on social media
Cultivate and manage opportunities for CFAAC staff to share the CFAAC story through the Speaker’s Bureau
· Manage marketing and advertising projects and other responsibilities on an as needed basis
· Identify and implement new marketing channels and opportunities as they emerge
· Execute projects across print and digital media that reflect CFAAC’s brand
· Work with third-party vendors as appropriate to create graphics, videos, manage materials, and print orders
· Produce basic graphic design elements for digital media purposes
· Take photos at events as needed and hire photographers on a project basis, and manages photo shoots
· Coordinate with the Director of Development to plan and manage special events, including CFAAC’s annual Celebration of Philanthropy Luncheon, Community Impact Speaker Series, and Strengthening Nonprofits Speaker Series
· Prepare development and event-related collateral (invitations, handouts, presentations, etc.) for printing and distribution
· Manage the Foundation’s email lists, ensuring compliance with applicable SPAM laws
· Serve as liaison for Board of Trustee committees as assigned, organize all Board Meeting documents, and follow document retention procedures
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The work is performed primarily in an office setting with some local travel required. Lifting and transporting of meeting and event materials, including AV equipment, may be required from time to time.
Salary and Benefits
Salary is competitive and dependent on education and job experience. A comprehensive benefits package includes health insurance, holiday, vacation, and sick leave. Simple IRA is available with a matching contribution after 6-months of employment.
If this sounds like the job for you and you have the skills and requirements listed above, then we are eager to meet you. Please submit a cover letter and a resume to Mary Spencer, President and CEO at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put YOUR NAME, and Marketing and Communications Coordinator in the Subject Line.
CFAAC is an equal opportunity employer. We greatly value the diversity of individuals, ideas, perspectives, insights, and values, and what they bring to our mission, culture, and outcomes.
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator reports to the President and CEO.
Click here for more information.