Opening its doors in 2003, Nativity Prep has blossomed into an all-boys Salesian Catholic middle school serving students in 5th to 8th Grade from low-income families of all backgrounds. We participate in an extended school day and school year in order to maintain a high academic rigor and help develop our students' personal character and spirituality. We also help students and their families transition into life after Nativity Prep through our Graduate Support Program. Nativity Prep prepares its students to apply and receive enough financial aid to attend some of the area's most competitive high schools and colleges. The journey of our Salesian Scholars and Gentlemen is a 12+ commitment to the future of their education.
We are looking for motivated, resilient, and inspiring educators to employ as members of our Americorps Resident Teacher Program.
They are expected to:
-Commit to two years of service and professional development at our school
- Fulfill obligations to annual Summer Program
- Teach or Team-Teach 3 to 4 classes per day during the school year
- Coach or assist soccer, golf, lacrosse, or basketball team
- Supervise and proctor students during meals, homeroom, recess, field trips, Study Hall and Evening Study
- Attend and actively participate in retreat programs for the community, including professional development days for Americorps
- Completes other assigned responsibilities designated by the Principal
How To Apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter to the Principal.
Click here for more information.