The mission of the Cabela’s Outdoor Fund is to promote conservation and hunting, fishing, camping, boating, and other outdoor sporting and recreational activities.
The Fund supports nonprofit organizations that address the following areas:
- advocacy programs related to protecting the outdoor lifestyle and right to bear arms, hunt, fish, and trap;
- education programs related to teaching the next generation of hunters, anglers, campers, and recreational shooters;
- conservation programs that improve habitat with sound conservation methods to ensure future generations can enjoy hunting and fishing; and,
- helping others, including providing new experiences or assisting sick, disabled, or underprivileged persons through hunting, fishing, camping, or recreational shooting experiences.
Priority is given to efforts that focus on non-traditional and novice participants in the areas of:
- hands-on training opportunities;
- self-learning tools; and,
- mentor networks and programs.
The Fund primarily supports specific programs rather than general operating expenses.
Click here for more information