The El-Hibri Foundation envisions a society where everyone can achieve the American dream in a diverse and inclusive world. Support is provided to organizations working in the U.S.
The Foundation's grantmaking supports nonprofit organizations from diverse sectors that advance the inclusion of American Muslim communities. Efforts to support these communities are currently under-resourced and now face increasing challenges.
The Foundation supports building a more inclusive America by investing in nonprofit organizations that are:
- advancing inclusion: implementing initiatives and programs to advance inclusion of American Muslim communities and promote inclusive societal norms;
- building capacity: equipping leaders and organizations with the training, skills, and approaches needed to maximize their organizational impact and reach high performance; and,
- organizing communities: catalyzing collaboration and collective action, and building coalitions and inclusive partnerships that strengthen civil society.
The Foundation supports activities that have national impact; exceptions are made for activities that have high potential to scale up.
Types of support include:
- project support;
- organizational operating costs; and,
- capacity building, training, and leadership development.
The Foundation does not support capital expenditures (building maintenance and repair) or grants for influencing legislation or the outcome of any specific public election or carrying on of any voter registration drive, or the regranting of Foundation grant funds to another organization.
Note: The Foundation also offers the Peace Awards, which recognize deserving leaders who promote inclusion and collaboration in their communities. Prizes range from $5,000 to 30,000. Nomination information is available on the Foundation's website.
The Foundation does not accept unsolicited proposals. However, if you believe your organization’s work is consistent with the Foundation’s strategy and approach, you may submit a short pitch as a means of letting the Foundation staff know about your activities. Initial pitches must be submitted online.
Click here for more information