The Milbank Foundation's primary mission is to integrate people with disabilities into all aspects of American life. Support is provided throughout the U.S.
The Foundation's current priorities include:
- consumer-focused, community-based initiatives that empower people with disabilities and foster independence and self-sufficiency;
- the rehabilitation and re-integration of veterans, especially veterans with disabilities;
- helping seniors to age in the place of their choice through non-institutional, community-based health and social services; and,
- market-oriented, patient-centered health care reforms across the country.
Support is rarely provided to/for:
- annual appeals, dinner events, or direct mail solicitations;
- arts, music, or theater;
- building funds, capital campaigns, or renovations;
- equipment, including computers or biomedical devices;
- endowments or general operating funds;
- government or quasi-government entities, including public schools;
- individual financial assistance or scholarships;
- international projects;
- multi-year grants;
- political causes, candidates, campaigns, or direct lobbying; or,
- organizations lacking tax-exempt status.
Click here for more information