The Patterson Foundation supports nonprofit organizations that enhance the quality of life and create social and economic value in communities.
The Foundation’s current focus areas include the following:
The Foundation supports programs that expand access to restorative and emergency dental care for individuals in need. Priority is given to organizations that are staffed primarily by volunteer dental professionals or students. In this focus area, the Foundation supports the following types of requests:
- funding for state Mission of Mercy events that provide free dental care to underserved people across the U.S. (visit the website for more information on these grants);
- startup costs or one-time projects that expand an organization’s capacity to serve individuals in need;
- Personnel costs for a dental assistant, hygienist, or coordinator to support the work of volunteer dental professionals or students who staff the program; and,
- strategic grants for programs that impact underserved populations on a large scale.
The Foundation funds organizations that provide assistance dogs to veterans and individuals with disabilities, including grants for startup costs or one-time expenses to help a program expand capacity.
The Foundation does not make grants to/for:
- the direct costs of treatment or therapies;
- organizations primarily funded by state or federal governments;
- film/video productions;
- religious programs for religious purposes;
- scientific research;
- fraternal, social, veteran, or military organizations;
- conferences/seminars or publications of their proceedings;
- fundraising or athletic events;
- emergency operating support;
- political advocacy or lobbying; or,
- the types of products sold by Patterson Companies, Inc., including dental or veterinary supplies and equipment.
Click here for more information