Great education transforms lives. KIPP, the Knowledge is Power Program, is a non-profit network of 242 college-preparatory, public charter schools educating nearly 100,000 early childhood, elementary, middle, and high school students. KIPP schools are tuition-free, public charter schools open to all students. KIPP schools, KIPP regions, and the KIPP Foundation – are united by a common mission, a commitment to excellence, and a belief that if we help children develop the academic and character strengths they need for college and choice filled lives, they will be able to build a better tomorrow for themselves, for their communities, for us all.
The non-profit KIPP Foundation trains and develops outstanding educators to lead KIPP schools, provides tools, resources, and training for excellent teaching and learning, promotes innovation, and facilitates the exchange of insights and ideas within the KIPP network and with partners including: other charters, districts, colleges and universities, and non-profit organizations across the country. Click here for more information.
Why work at KIPP?
By working for the KIPP Foundation, you help more students across the country receive the high-quality education they deserve.
- Support KIPP leaders, teachers, and staff on the Network Leadership Development, KIPP School Leadership Programs, Teaching and Learning Labs, KIPP Through College, or Knowledge Sharing teams
- Ensure smart growth and great results on the Network Growth and Sustainability, Strategy, Research & Evaluation, or Insights and Analytics teams
- Broaden our impact on the Government Affairs, External Impact, Marketing, Development, or Talent teams
- Keep us connected and operational on our IT or Finance team
If you believe all children deserve great schools and programs where they can gain the knowledge, skills, character, and habits necessary to achieve their dreams while making the world a better place, join us!
The Senior Manager, Institutional Giving reports to the Senior Director of Development and manages a robust portfolio of foundation and corporate (i.e. institutional) donors, and leads fundraising from new institutional prospects for KIPP Foundation. He/she is a member of the Development team and works collaboratively with our Finance and Program teams.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Directly manage a large portfolio of foundation and corporate donors and partners
- Identify and research new institutional prospects, prioritize pipeline, and devise and execute engagement, cultivation, solicitation, recognition and stewardship strategies for portfolio.
- Produce prospect letters of inquiry, grant proposals and reports, briefings, and associated documents in collaboration with Finance and Program teams.
- Lead corporate partnerships strategy; design and manage corporate partnerships.
- Represent KIPP Foundation at institutional giving and philanthropy-related convenings, both to learn and share and cultivate new partnerships
- Stakeholder Management: Develops strong, trusting, respectful relationships with others.
- Communication: Listens carefully and speaks and writes in a compelling way.
- Impact and Influence: Motivates and influences others to achieve outcomes.
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving: Gathers information from different sources; sifts through complexity; and proposes relevant solutions.
- Achievement Orientation: Demonstrates results and the ability to sustain and persevere through significant challenges to reach goals.
- Planning and Execution: Manages time and resources effectively, prioritizing efforts according to organizational goals.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- A passion for KIPP’s mission and values
- 7+ years of professional work experience, with significant experience in Development, within an entrepreneurial non-profit environment strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated success with generating funding from institutional funding sources and proven track record in managing relationships with corporations and foundations investing in six-to-seven-figure grants/gifts.
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills, organizational and analytical skills, and project management skills.
- Location – Flexible
- Must be willing and able to travel at least 30% of time.
- Exemption status: Full time / exempt
Compensation and Benefits
KIPP offers competitive salary commensurate with experience. A comprehensive benefits package, generous vacation and PTO, 401k retirement plan with both pre- and post-tax options, as well as gym reimbursement, flexible spending account (FSA), and cell phone reimbursement are also offered by KIPP.
To apply please submit your resume and cover letter online. Applications submitted via email will not be accepted.
KIPP Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and an organization that values diversity. People from all diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Click here for more information.