Colcom Foundation seeks an Administrative Assistant to join its office in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Established in 1996, the primary mission of the Foundation is to foster a sustainable environment to ensure quality of life for all Americans by addressing major causes and consequences of overpopulation and its adverse effects on natural resources. Regionally, the Foundation supports conservation, environmental projects, and cultural assets. The Administrative Assistant reports to the Vice President – Philanthropy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares and publishes quarterly Board meeting book. This includes coordinating the agenda, organizing all materials in BoardBookit, proofreading, and ensuring the staff/Board receives the final version by mail and/or PDF.
- Arranges standard reporting materials for Board meetings (i.e. Grants Approved But Unpaid, Grants Paid YTD, Allocations, and Conflict of Interest).
- Maintains files (i.e. Presidents Discretionary, Memorial Grants, Day Files), grantee folders, Minutes book.
- Manages and maintains the Blackbaud Grantmaking database. This includes ensuring all grantee records are current, updating templates, implementing the online application process (declination/approval letters and contracts), deploying updates to the system as they are released, and training staff to use the software. Monitors other payments including endowments, memorial grants, Presidents Discretionary, etc. in database.
- Updates and maintains all Philanthropy department documents including Applicant Profile, Grants Walkthrough, and Due Diligence Checklist. Also prepares List of Approved Grants (LAG) after each Board meeting. Coordinates with the Office Manager to issue payments.
- Prepares 990 support schedules of grants paid and pending for Laurel and Colcom.
- Prepares annual e-reporting information for national grantmakers database.
- Facilitates and coordinates the annual independent audit of the financial statements.
- Independently researches and completes special projects as requested.
- Provides administrative support to the Philanthropy department.
- Provides back up phone coverage to Receptionist as necessary.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of administrative work experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with Blackbaud Grantmaking and BoardBookit preferred but not required.
- Excellent project management skills with demonstrated ability to set priorities and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be organized, flexible, detail-oriented, team player, and self-starter.
- Ability to analyze problems and identify appropriate alternatives.
- Discretion and ability to handle confidential issues.
- Commitment to the Foundation’s mission.
Relocation assistance will not be provided and this is not a remote position. Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the United States; the Foundation does not provide sponsorship. The Foundation offers generous benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience.
The Foundation provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetic information.
To apply, please send a résumé and cover letter indicating familiarity with the Foundation’s mission to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION.