Emerging Practitioners in Philanthropy (EPIP), a project of Tides, is seeking an innovative, collaborative, and experienced Director of Programs to develop, strengthen, and evaluate EPIP’s current portfolio of professional development programming while identifying new programs, opportunities, and partnerships that drive higher engagement and participation among EPIP’s members. The Director of Programs will also serve as the supervisor to the Chapter Liaison and Programs Manager, working closely with them and other key staff and external stakeholders to develop new professional development opportunities in support of EPIP Chapters. The Director of Programs will be a part of the senior management team, acting as a strategic partner to the Executive Director in business development and programmatic strategy and implementation for the organization. This is a great opportunity for an innovative individual who has an interest in community building , adult education, and supporting the leadership of inclusive philanthropic emerging leaders. This position requires travel (approximately 30%), however employee travel is currently halted due to COVID-19 safety precautions.
DURATION & COMPENSATION: This position reports to the Executive Director and is a permanent, remote, exempt position that will be compensated in the $115,000 - $125,000 range. EPIP employees receive access to a variety of benefits, from comprehensive healthcare to a robust 403(b) Retirement Plan, and more, designed to support the health and well-being of our staff.
TIMELINE & PROCESS
EPIP seeks to minimize bias and the impact of structural discrimination within our hiring practices. As such, we focus on relevant work skills, experience, and approach first, while filtering out information that can allow for implicit bias. A resume, cover letter, and list of references will only be requested of final candidates, as noted below.
Round 1: To apply, candidates must fill out this questionnaire by August 28, 2020 at 11:59pm ET.
Round 2: Candidates will be invited to schedule a 45 minute video interview.
Round 3: Finalists will be invited to a 90 minute interview. Upon invitation, finalists will be asked to submit their resume, cover letter, references and response to a written assignment ahead of their scheduled interview.
Anticipated Start Date: Mid-October
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Direct the development, planning, implementation and evaluation of EPIP’s portfolio of national and chapter-led programs to align with EPIP’s Inclusive Leadership Framework
- Establish an evaluation process to assess program viability, identify member needs, and clarify programmatic impact in support of educational goals.
- Lead all planning elements (e.g., site selection, speaker management, logistics, etc) of EPIP’s National Conference and manage all consultants, working groups, and special committees developed in support of the National Conference
- Engage EPIP staff, members, Chapter Leaders and partners to support program development and delivery
- In partnership with the Chapter Liaison and Programs Manager, develop targeted professional development opportunities for EPIP Chapter Leaders, inclusive of the development of tools and resources to enhance and amplify the work of EPIP Chapters
- Cultivate programmatic partnerships that bring new funding, resources and opportunities to EPIP members
- Serve as supervisor to Chapter Liaison and Programs Manager, helping EPIP programmatic staff to achieve key objectives and supporting their own professional development
- Serve as the staff representative to philanthropic networks (e.g., CHANGE Philanthropy) and externally-facing committees to support the implementation of EPIP’s strategic initiatives
- Serve as a key member of EPIP’s senior management team, providing strategic input on organizational efforts, management of programming budgets, support for fundraising efforts, and contributions to learning and evaluation
- Maintain awareness of and be responsive to emerging trends, advancements, and challenges in philanthropy and in the social justice field, and other topics of interest to EPIP members
- Travel to EPIP events and other relevant conferences, summits, and meetings as necessary
- At least 2-3 years of supervisory experience
- Knowledge of virtual event platforms and how to leverage technology to enhance program delivery and engagement
- Understanding of association management principles and best practices and the ability to maintain a member-focused mindset
- Certified Meeting Planner (CMP), Certified Association Executive (CAE) and/or other relevant certifications
Click Here for More information