4th-Dimension Leaders - (4DL) - envisions school-level change. We believe that kids are the economic, political and social engines of our economy. As such, EVERY kid deserves a high-quality education. And every school deserves a transformational leader. So that’s what we do - we train and develop leaders who will bring this vision to life.
Actualize equity. Build the bench. Cultivate enabling conditions for school transformation.
4DL is seeking a Managing Director of Programs and Partnerships. We’re a new organization, just over a year old, doing amazing work with aspiring school leaders for high-need schools. You will be in charge of providing inspired leadership throughout multiple candidate recruitment processes across programs, setting the tone for our learning environments, making strategic decisions in the design and implementation of organizational policies and procedures, managing our phenomenal operations team and cultivating long-term partnerships with school leaders and education professionals up and down the state.
Successful candidates will have a Bachelor's degree in education (or a related field) and have at least 3 years prior experience in a management or leadership position. Master’s degree preferred.
- Attention to detail
- Strong listening ability
- Meticulous organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (public speaking a plus)
- Works well under pressure
- Time management
- Project management
- Database management
- Relationship management
- Data Analytics
- Customer service
- Systems thinker
- Ability to create efficiencies
- Cultivate existing relationships with clients, LiTs and alumni to strengthen the 4DL community.
- Develop and implement strategies that will maximize synergies among program areas.
Team Management and Development
- Develop, implement and monitor a system to evaluate the skill, experience, and professional development needs of all staff.
- Implement a professional development program to address employee experience and skill gaps.
- Instill a sense of accountability among team members by modeling tight oversight of individual and organization performance standards.
- Recruit, hire, and oversee training and orientation of all staff members.
Program Operational Management
- Establish and maintain consistent, objective program performance standards of accountability.
- Oversee deployment of curriculum, adjunct faculty and contractors to maximize program outputs.
- Manage and develop operations staff.
BREAKDOWN OF DUTIES
Program Management - 60%
- Lead curriculum (re)design and management
- Manage adjunct faculty, coaches and operations team
- Provide lite facilitation as necessary
- Lead each program’s recruitment cycles
- Create and execute the strategy for program trajectories
Partnerships (field work) - 35%
- Spend 3-4 days/month in the field, building relationships with prospective partners
- Manage 1-2 dedicated partner relationships
Development - 5%
- Collaboration with executive director to execute on the fundraising side of the business
- National grant discovery and annual grant application submission
- Support with existing philanthropic relationships
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual with team management experience to grow and further develop a suite of well-reputed leadership development programs. The successful candidate will lead the strategy work around each of our programs, partner with the executive director to grow the business and work collaboratively with a high-potential team.
Specific requirements include
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- At least 5 years experience in non-profit programming
- At least 3 years of experience in a management role
- Demonstrated success developing and evaluating program models, and selecting and successfully operationalizing innovative programs
- Proficient in leveraging technological tools
- Strong project management skills managing complex, multifaceted projects resulting in measurable successes and program growth
- Experience having worked with a high-performance, collaborative, constructive peer group
- Strength in hiring, recruiting, managing, developing, coaching, and retaining individuals and teams, empowering them to elevate their levels of responsibility, span-of-control and performance
- Understanding of human resources, employee performance improvement plans, and corrective action policies
- Demonstrated results in managing through complex systems and proven experience negotiating
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to details
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for 4DL’s mission
How to Apply
Please send a resume and optional cover letter (both in PDF form) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "last name, first name, Programs and Partnerships Role" to be considered for this position.
Click Here for More Information