The Foundation for Individual Rights in Education (FIRE) is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization dedicated to defending liberty, freedom of speech, due process, academic freedom, legal equality, and freedom of conscience on our nation’s college campuses. Please visit thefire.org to gain a sense of our work and mission.
The Digital Marketing Associate will report to and work directly with FIRE’s Digital Marketing Manager, in addition to working with all of FIRE programs to ensure proper promotion of FIRE’s work. The duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Drafting posts for Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter for content and programs;
- Monitoring social media activity for marketing opportunities and leads;
- Writing scripts for promotional videos and other advertising copy;
- Copy-editing all outgoing emails;
- Drafting and sending FIRE e-newsletters;
- Maintaining FIRE’s Google Ads grant requirements;
- Assisting in the building, maintenance, and tracking of various digital advertising campaigns, including social media campaigns.
This position will frequently collaborate with other staff members and departments on general duties and specialized projects, including but not limited to contributing to FIRE’s blog, Newsdesk; working closely with our outreach staff to promote FIRE’s programs; and some administrative work, such as filing and data entry.
This position involves very little travel, but occasional work on weekends and evenings should be expected.
The expected start date for this position will be as soon as possible.
A successful candidate will have a good work ethic, be a self-starter, exercise strong judgement, have an entrepreneurial spirit, and possess the ability to work independently. Most importantly, the candidate must demonstrate a knowledge and passion for FIRE’s mission and an ability to articulate that passion in a way that will make others enthusiastic about our cause. A candidate must also be able to demonstrate:
- At least 1 year of experience in a marketing role or a nonprofit/public interest advocacy role;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and general copy-editing skills;
- Exemplary planning and organizational skills, including an ability to handle dynamic, challenging, and changing situations.
- Relevant software: Pardot, Salesforce, Sprout Social, WordPress, G-Suite, Facebook Business, GoogleAds, and Google Analytics;
- Basic HTML;
- Experience managing social media accounts for a business or organization;
- Basic photography and photo editing.
Salary and Compensation
Starting salary is negotiable and depends upon experience and education level. FIRE conducts periodic evaluations where employees may receive raises or bonuses for outstanding and excellent work. FIRE also offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes employer-paid comprehensive health, dental, and life insurance; a Section 125 Flexible Spending Account option; matching retirement contributions; and a generous paid time-off plan.
Applicants should provide a resume, cover letter demonstrating an understanding of and appreciation of FIRE’s mission, a writing sample or other demonstration of work (portfolio, for example), salary requirements, and contact information for at least two professional references. All applications are confidential. Please address applications to Cait Scanlan, Manager, Human Resources. Applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
FIRE is an equal opportunity employer.