The Delaware Art Museum is a small, collaborative community in which each member of the team is uniquely valued for their skills. We are seeking a Grants Manager, who will work across the Museum to meet revenue goals through developing and managing foundation and corporate, and government grants. The Grants Manager will focus on matching the funding sources for Museum needs which include capital projects, programs, exhibitions, and general operations. For this reason, people with a wide range of knowledge and research interests are the ideal fit for these positions. Attention to detail and superb writing skills are key for this position.
The Grants Manager will support development efforts through research, maintenance of donor and sponsor relationships, timely reporting, and budget management. They will regularly meet with members of the Leadership Team to discuss current and potential grant opportunities and coordinate all grant writing activities, including management of grants calendar, proposals, correspondences with grantors, and final reports. This role requires a person with a collegial spirit who is proactive and creative in their pursuits of new funders and grant opportunities.
We are looking for candidates who have:
Salary Range: $50,000
- Master’s degree in the Humanities preferred.
- A passion for the arts and a commitment to the success of the Delaware Art Museum’s mission, strategic plan, programs, and high standards of achievement are expected.
- The ability to digest, synthesize, and articulate information concerning programs, exhibitions, capital projects, and the Museum’s operations to a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrable research experience required; experience writing grants preferred.
- Strong organization skills including effective time management, ability to set and meet deadlines, and demonstrated ability to work effectively in multi-tasking, fast paced environment.
- Highly motivated and demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- The ability to deal with confidential materials with discretion.
- Excellent written and verbal skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of and experience with database systems preferred.
- Skilled in MS Windows and MS Office products.
- A collegial attitude and a sense of humor.
How to Apply:
The Delaware Art Museum is committed to inclusivity and encourages qualified candidates from all cultures and communities to apply. Delaware Art Museum is an equal opportunity employer.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, writing/grant sample you have authored to Human Resource at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviewing will begin when qualified applicants have been identified; the job will close when an offer has been accepted.
To learn more about the Delaware Art Museum, please visit our website at www.delart.org