Under the direction of the Executive Director and the Language Services Program Director, the Language Services Program Coordinator is responsible for assisting with the overall coordination of the MCS Language Services Program including the Community Interpreter Training course, the annual Professional Development Workshop, and daily delivery of language services including oral interpreter and written translation needs.
This job will require a schedule that aligns with DC Government operating hours (8:30am-5pm Eastern time).
· Work closely with the Language Services Director and/or Executive Director to implement the Community Interpreter Training course, the Translators and Interpreters Professional Development Workshop, and coordinate daily language access services.
· Suggest and implement marketing and outreach strategies to targeted language communities including the development of content for the MCS website and other advertising materials.
· Implement program goals, objectives, and activities according to the project timeline, meeting quality standards and related objectives.
· Represent MCS at community meetings as requested.
· Work effectively with customers and service providers.
· Manage logistical aspects of the Language Services Program.
· Maintain an accurate and accessible interpreter and translator database.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Efficient and timely coordination of Language Services Program including successfully meeting customer needs within time frames.
· Effective manager and team player with coworkers.
· Able to take direction and initiative, launch implementation and follow-up.
· Effective management of multiple interpretation and translation tasks along with other duties.
· Management of multiple trainee internships throughout the year, including the recruitment process and day-to-day coordination of trainee work.
· Maintain processes and data that is accurate and up to date.
· Good attendance, dependability, and reliability.
· Effective oral and written communication.
· Able to perform other duties as required.
· Coordination of a program or project
· Strong organizational skills
· Ability to prioritize
· Ability to manage program budget
· Energetic, flexible, creative
· Ability to work effectively in a team and with people of diverse backgrounds
· Attention to deadlines and details
· Marketing background
· Ability to work with minimal supervision
· College degree
· Excellent communications skills
· Well-developed interpersonal skills and professional composure
· Computer literacy in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and Internet applications.
Click Here for More Information