Established in 1992, True Access Capital (TAC) is a not-for-profit, federally certified, Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) that supports small businesses and community development projects with a special emphasis on underserved and low-income communities. The mission of True Access Capital is to educate, empower, and elevate business owners, and entrepreneurs, by augmenting technical expertise, increasing access to capital, and stimulating business growth throughout Delaware and southeastern Pennsylvania.
To learn more about TAC, visit: https://trueaccesscapital.org
Position Summary and Essential Functions:
The Director of Lending (DOL), a member of TAC’s leadership team, manages and directs all aspects of lending, which include loans made under TAC’s Small Business and Community Development Lending Programs. Lending activities include business development, loan origination, loan servicing, loan administration and portfolio management. The DOL will also manage a small team of community loan officers. Our ideal candidate will have a strong knowledge of small business lending, Small Business Administration (SBA) loan programs, and excellent people management skills. This is a “roll up your sleeves” working lender-manager position, which requires an entrepreneurial approach and strong business development skills. The Director of Lending will ensure all lending programs operate ethically and consistent with the TAC’s mission and values. He/she must be committed to meeting the needs of undeserved markets and have a passion for providing services to a diverse population.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Business Development (25%)
- Cultivate strong relationships in the community and with aligned community partners.
- Grow, develop, and manage a strong pipeline of potential borrowers across DE and PA.
- Identify borrower and product opportunities where TAC’s capital is most needed and fits within our capabilities and impact objectives.
Small Business and Commercial Lending (50%)
- Manage and grow all direct lending programs, including SBA programs, meeting all annual lending goals, profitability targets, and loan loss requirements within TAC guidelines.
- Manage due diligence, underwriting, structuring process, and negotiating of financing requests, in accordance with all TAC’s credit policy and guidelines.
- Present loan package to Loan Committee for approval and work with Portfolio Management team to effectively close and secure loans.
- Monitor, manage, and report on all key loan portfolio quality and performance measurements. Ensure compliance with all portfolio policy standards and implement effective credit risk rating processes.
- Manage all loan-related grant and contract-based program deliverables.
Team Management & Strategy (25%)
- Manage and develop a small team of community lending officers, helping to set business goals, personal goals, and team development goals.
- Partner with the Portfolio Administration team to ensure strong loan performance, loan monitoring practices, compliance, and high-quality customer service.
- Partner with Finance team to ensure all reporting, including investor and grant reporting is accurate and timely.
- Develop new loan products and processes to better serve small business entrepreneurs and contribute to TAC lending and strategy development.
- Contribute to the policy and program improvement process, with the goal of increasing clarity and efficiency. Identify opportunities to incorporate industry best practices, draft proposed processes and policy changes, and help document then train staff.
- Participate in corporate strategic planning sessions and regular senior management meetings.
This position requires working in an office environment and meeting clients and partners at their place of business or at other public places. The DOL must have access to private transportation to perform some of his/her duties. Travel expense reimbursement is provided.
· Required: Bachelor’s Degree or 7-10 years of management experience in a small business and/or commercial lending arena, including real estate lending.
- Required: Demonstrated ability to manage and support time-sensitive and complex projects while meeting deadlines and credit policy parameters.
- Required: Solid knowledge of basic accounting practices with an ability to understand financial statements and loan documentation.
- Required: Excellent communication skills, both spoken and written.
- Required: Superior interpersonal skills and ability to interact with a diverse range of individuals and organizations, including but not limited to, residents, community development organizations, public agencies, private developers, funders and lenders.
- Required: Strong proficiency with Microsoft applications and other technology software.
- Preferred: Experience in federal and/or state sponsored lending programs, such as, the CDFI Fund, U.S. Small Business Administration, and USDA, Rural Development.
- Preferred: Experience in nonprofit, mission-based, or small office environment.
- Preferred: bilingual language skills in Spanish.
- Job involves normal physical requirements for an office position. EOE/ADA Compliant.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Benefits include vacation, paid holidays, health insurance, and retirement plan.
Interested parties should email their resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
TAC is an equal opportunity employer and the board and staff value diversity in all aspects of employment. Women, People of Color, and LGBTQ candidates are encouraged to apply.