In our commitment to our membership, Philanthropy Delaware offers this program to advance the Community of Practice focused on impact investing.
Community development financial institutions (CDFIs) provide capital for equitable community redevelopment, focusing on entrepreneurship, affordable housing, and community facilities, among others. CDFIs also provide access to capital to populations and geographies that have historically been under-capitalized.
Join Philanthropy Delaware as we learn how foundations, investors, and other endowed institutions can partner with CDFIs to achieve a significant impact in Delaware and achieve a financial return.
In this Community of Practice, attendees will:
- Learn about Equitable Wilmington – a local collaborative of three CDFIs (True Access Capital, Cinnaire, and NCALL).
- Explore how Delaware CDFIs deliver responsible, affordable lending that strengthens communities and helps borrowers join the economic mainstream.
- Understand how CDFIs can help investors achieve impact using an equity lens.
- See concrete examples of how philanthropy can partner with CDFIs, including how deals can be structured and where they can sit with regard to the balance sheet
This program is intended for Philanthropy Delaware Members and invited guests. Philanthropic Members are highly encouraged to invite the Board Chair and Finance Committee Chairs to this event.
· NCALL Loan Fund, Dave Callahan, Loan Fund Director
· Cinnaire, Dionna Sargent, Vice President, Community Development
· True Access Capital, Vandell Hampton, Jr., President & CEO
Note: This event will be recorded. By registering for this event, attendees allow Philanthropy Delaware to use any recording and/or pictures taken at this event, without compensation, for promotional and publicity purposes in all media formats.
Any questions, please contact Director of Engagement,
Melissa Micek, at email@example.com or (302) 333-8004